- Woodland Walk
September 13, 2018
4:30 pm - 7:00 pm
A free event to see a range of approaches to restoring unmanaged woodlands in the Wyre Forest. The woodland walk will look at recent work across areas managed by the Wyre Community Land Trust (WCLT) and Natural England at Shelfheld Coppice and Town Coppice.
The walk led by Tim Selman and Richard Tallents of WCLT and Alice James of Natural England.
This event is a partnership between WCLT, Wyre Forest Facilitation Fund, Woodland Trust and Natural England.
There will be a free pie and pint (or alternatives) afterwards.
The event aims to;
- Show demonstrations of active restoration across the Guild’s land Natural England’s woodlands.
- Talk about the process of how to begin – undertaking planning work, felling licenses and getting grant aid.
- Outline the practicalities of doing the work, undertaking and organising the work, working with contractors.
- Show benefits of doing it including financial returns and biodiversity gains.
- Illustrate opportunities for adding value to timber, different types of timber and products, values and markets.
- Highlight the PAWS and FF projects and ways our projects can help woodland owners.
Venue: ST GEORGE'S FARM